Here at Dearneside we are still operating pretty much as business as usual.
However, we’d like to reassure everyone during this time of uncertainty, we have taken all the necessary steps to try and limit the impact of the Coronavirus.
- Wash hands regularly! Soap dispensers are in place site wide around the factory, offices, canteen and toilets.
- No physical contact – handshakes are not to take place.
- Any member of staff feeling unwell, a cough or temperature, are to self-isolate as per the current guidelines.
- All staff have been told not to touch eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover mouth and nose when sneezing with a tissue or sleeve (not hands)
- Put all used tissues in the bin immediately.
- Keep up to date with the advice provided by the Government daily.
We are keen to keep business running as usual, so we have implemented the following measures to safeguard all of our teams:
- 10% of our staff are now working from home. This is being monitored on a daily basis and will change according to advice given by the Government.
- Face to face meetings are being kept to a minimum and are avoided altogether if they can take place via telephone conferencing.
- Factory staff are to take split breaks/lunches to prevent large groups gathering in the cante Due to the size of our site though, our staff are able to easily work and have breaks within “safe zone” guidelines.
- We are working closely with all our clients, ensuring our site staff have constant updates and training to take all precautions.
Dearneside would like to thank staff, clients and suppliers for their continued support and will provide any updates as and when we can.